Skip to main content

Missionary Work

The Lord has declared that missionary work is the responsibility of all who follow Him!

"Every member a missionary!" -David O. McKay


"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." (Matthew 28:19-20)

You cannot convert people beyond your own conversion!


"What does the Atonement have to do with missionary work? Any time we experience the blessings of the Atonement in our lives, we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others....A great indicator of one's personal conversion is the desire to share the gospel with others."-Howard W. Hunter


Lets all do a little better and don't judge someone as not interested invite them if you don't you are taking away their agency! Even if they don't say yes you still are giving them a chance and showing that you care!


When we experience happiness we naturally want to share it with others. If you tell them and say that you are doing this because you love them and you want them to be happy how can anyone be upset about that!?


Here are seven simple suggestions for sharing the gospel



  1. LIVE YOUR RELIGION. A Latter-day Saint’s life is his or her best sermon. Our conversations ought to be open, genuine, and engaged in with a spirit of kindness. As followers of Jesus Christ, we are most believable when our actions are in harmony with our beliefs.
  2. ESTABLISH A FOUNDATION. Rather than responding to random questions, it might be helpful to establish a foundation—explain that we embrace Jesus Christ as our Savior and accept the Bible’s teachings, but believe that the Christian world departed from basic truths, and so Christ needed to restore His Church.
  3. CONNECT THE DOTS. Try to discern the gospel principle at the heart of a question, and connect the answer back to the Savior. We do not need complicated, sophisticated arguments when the principles we try to live by come from the Son of God.
  4. SHARE EXPERIENCES. Answering questions is not about reciting memorized answers. Sharing genuine, personal experiences can invite the Spirit to bear witness and carry the message into the listener’s heart. 
  5. UNDERSTAND YOUR AUDIENCE. The same conversation isn't going to work for everyone—we all have different backgrounds. And remember that a casual question doesn't require a half-hour lecture as a reply. Be sensitive to interest, comfort, and level of understanding. Signal that sensitivity so that those who are curious can feel at ease.
  6. USE RESOURCES. The Church has created online resources that can be helpful for members to share with those who have questions. Church magazines are available online and in print, and items available at distribution centers may be helpful. Sharing a copy of the Book of Mormon may also be appropriate. You can also create an online profile on Mormon.org. Here is my mormon.org profile!
  7. BE A FORCE FOR GOOD. Members of the Church can help clear up misconceptions and increase understanding of who we are and what we believe. People may see differences between what they believe and what Latter-day Saints believe, but they may also find common ground on which to build better relationships.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If

Number 9 of 17 points of the True Church

Today's point for the Seventeen points of the True Church is an interesting one. 9. The true church must practice divine healing. This is a great talk done by Dallin H Oaks about Healing the Sick He says in one of the points this, "A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 8 in 10 Americans "believe that miracles still occur today as [they did] in ancient times." A third of those surveyed said they had "experienced or witnessed a divine healing." Many Latter-day Saints have experienced the power of faith in healing the sick. We also hear examples of this among people of faith in other churches. A Texas newspaperman described such a miracle. When a five-year-old girl breathed with difficulty and became feverish, her parents rushed her to the hospital. By the time she arrived there, her kidneys and lungs had shut down, her fever was 107 degrees, and her body was bright red and covered with purple lesions. The doctors said she was dying of toxic shock

A Testimony

A testimony is worth sharing! My testimony of Christ is so dear to me for many reasons and I love sharing it. He died for ME! Me. Someone who isn't always the best and someone who doesn't always do the right thing. But that is everyone. He died for everyone. Even the people we don't know. The homeless, the poor, the needy, the righteous and the unrighteous. If He didn't die for me I wouldn't be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am so thankful that He did that for me. He only did that beloved act because He loves me so much, more than I can comprehend. Also I KNOW that He lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! And because He lives I can live again. Christ is so perfect and it is exactly that reason that only He could do that nameless act that He performed for everyone. When I see Him again and I know I will. I will fall to my knees with tears streaming down my face in nameless gratitude for Him. He suffered everything I have suffered r