Skip to main content

Lost (a poem)

Everyone has feelings of loneliness and such. But how to over come them? Through the light of Christ can we become found again. This is a poem I wrote about such feelings.

I have feelings of loneliness that I can't break
The chains are on me and darkness around me.
I have gotten myself in a bind
and don't know how to get out.
I feel lost and don't know what to do.
I am on my knees with streams of
tears that flow down my face.
I hear a dark sound of laughter
that echos through my head.
I feel as if I've lost the light.
I begin to stand with some flicker of Hope.
I stomp my feet wanting to be let out,
I feel a soft touch that I didn't notice before
A hand is reaching for me, I see it now.
I stretch forth with all my might.
I am blinded by the light but now
I know I haven't become part of the night.
I see a loving face with tear stained eyes
I want to know how my knight in so
much pain could save a wretched soul like mine.
He says, "My child I love you don't forget
what you're worth."
I'm on my knees kissing His feet,
I see the marks that He so willingly took
to save my wretched soul.
I look up to His smiling face,
my Savior, my friend.
I once was lost but now I am found.

You can always come back to the light and when you do Christ will have open arms to you. Do not despair Heaven is always near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If

Number 9 of 17 points of the True Church

Today's point for the Seventeen points of the True Church is an interesting one. 9. The true church must practice divine healing. This is a great talk done by Dallin H Oaks about Healing the Sick He says in one of the points this, "A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 8 in 10 Americans "believe that miracles still occur today as [they did] in ancient times." A third of those surveyed said they had "experienced or witnessed a divine healing." Many Latter-day Saints have experienced the power of faith in healing the sick. We also hear examples of this among people of faith in other churches. A Texas newspaperman described such a miracle. When a five-year-old girl breathed with difficulty and became feverish, her parents rushed her to the hospital. By the time she arrived there, her kidneys and lungs had shut down, her fever was 107 degrees, and her body was bright red and covered with purple lesions. The doctors said she was dying of toxic shock

Christ's Parables part 2

Parable of the Sower Matthew 13:3-9 , 18-23 ; Mark 4:3-9 , 14-20 ; Luke 8:4-8 , 11-15 sow- to plant seeds wayside- hard ground that has been walked on (such as a path or road) devoured- ate withered away- died These are all interpretations that I have come up with from the scriptures or my own: The seed means- the word of God wayside means- those that hear but Satan comes and takes the belief away stony places means- those that hear but don't have a place to put forth their roots and then fall into temptation among thorns means- those that hear but are choked by the things of the world good ground means- those that hear and take it to heart and are living the word of God So choose your soil. Are you going to be the wayside or the road? Or the rocks? Or the thorns? Or will you choose to be the good ground and plant the word of God into your heart and let it grow? None of the soils in the parable had to stay in the condition it was in. We choose what soil we ar