Skip to main content

LONDON!!!!!

Sorry it has been a little while since I posted. I have meant to get on here a lot sooner to post all of my stuff for my Europe Trip. I had such a blast on my trip. I have forever been changed! I am working on my next adventure to Europe I will go again next year don't know when or where yet.

I will do a post for each area I went to so I will have 4 posts. So for only a few days was I actually good at writing in a journal in Europe besides pictures. So I will share those tidbits and some other things from London. 

Day 1&2 
I'm sitting in my swat on the plane heading to Chicago. We haven't left quite yet but I'm sitting here fidgeting and bouncing my leg. I have a window seat, there are two windows for me to look out at and all I see is everything cold and wet. Not to concerning weather but enough to give a slight delay. I'm sitting next to a lady and sometimes when you look at someone you wonder what kind of life the live. She is dressed in black with multiple piercings, her hair is long and you can see just a kind of blue underneath her hair. I can imagine she has a cute tattoo that means something on one of her covered shoulders or arm. I picture her as a manager in a retail store maybe. She pulled out a notebook and is writing so maybe she is a freelance writer of some kind.

The lady next to her, is an older woman who is knitting. I imagine she is on her way to see a new gran-baby and is making a blanket. She doesn't look very old she reminds me of my mother in her physique. She has the big grandma bag full of different things like Mary Poppins might have. 

After a little while my neighbor and I started talking I found out she is an assistant manager for TJMax. The older lady had just been visiting her new gran-baby and was heading home. She was knitting a dishcloth. So I was pretty good at guessing a little bit of their lives. My neighbor we started talking and she told me she was writing a book with her husband. She told me a little bit about it and how he came up with the idea. 

We finally landed and my next flight was already starting to board. So I ran to the bathroom and then boarded. 

I am by a window again but I feel like my space is slightly smaller. I'm sitting next to a Jewish couple and it is interesting. They really don't have a desire to talk to me which is fine. This flight I have a screen in front of me and it has tons of movies to choose from. I ended up watching Collateral Beauty and Rogue One both of which I haven't seen. They served us dinner it came with the flight and it was pretty good. It was chicken and mashed potatoes. There was also a little brownie piece which was delicious lol. It has been a very long 7.5 hour flight. I only have an hour left I am currently flying over Ireland. I look down and can actually see the windmills turning. They gave us a "breakfast snack". I am now flying over England. I will be landing in about 38 mins. I am watching Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them to pass the time. Back home in Salt Lake it is 1 am. I haven't had a lot of sleep I am really tired but I won't be getting to my Hotel until 10 pm tonight. 

I landed at 11 am, I now just have to find something to do until my flight to London at 8 pm. 

So I walked around and found a quiet spot at the end of the airport and curled up and fell asleep on and off. Then I called my mom and talked to her for a while and went to a cafe and got a ham sandwich and a chocolate croissant. Then after a little while I went back to my little corner and actually fell asleep for about 3 hours. I woke up at 6 pm and got up and got ready to go find my terminal. Little did I know it would be more confusing than I was told. I ran around talking to one person to another worried and on the verge of tears. Finally found a security guard who spoke decent English that was able to help me. I had to run to catch the train to go to Terminal 3 and I was at 2. Caught the train then had to go out and follow the airport around and cross the road. Ran inside and had to go through customs for a second time in less than 10 mins. Then had to go through security for the 3rd time in 24 hours. I finally made it to my gate and had to take a bus to my plane. There isn't a lot of people on this flight so it's only an older gentleman and I in our row and he let me have the window seat when I was assigned the aisle seat. The flight is only an hour and I leave Paris time at 8:20 and will arrive in London at 8:20 it's almost like I never left 😉.  I am almost to the end of my traveling for a few days. 

I finally landed in London and now have to take the train to my hostel. On the platform I met two ladies that were kind to let me sit with them and talk. They were funny and gave some great tips about London and what I should do. When I was done riding the trains and was walking the little bit to my hotel it was very late but it was fun looking at everything that I passed. I can't believe I'm in London! I had the iconic red buses passing me and I just love it here. I also made it to my hostel just before 12 am.


So that was only day one and two of just traveling 😄 

Day 3

So I got up at 6:30 and took a shower and felt much better after my day and a half of traveling. Afterwards I was trying to find some WiFi so I could get my phone working and find a Vodafone. So I went the only way I knew. Towards the station where I got off to go to my hostel. So I head over there and hop on the jubilee. There were several stops I knew only one of them and that was the one I got on at. So I'm looking at the stations it goes to and I feel like my best bet is getting of at Waterloo. So I did. I go upstairs and there is a McDonald's and since I used to work at a McDs I knew they had public WiFi. So I get a pasty from next door and sit in McDs and get on Citymapper and find the closest Vodafone which is in Covent Gardens Market. So I walk over there and they don't open until 10 and it is almost 9 am. So I go walking around and find lots of little stores. As it got closer to opening time I walk around by the store. There was a store across the street called Hobbs that was an expensive clothing store. There was a cute t-shirt dress that I loved but in American dollars it was 100. And I couldn't bring myself to pay that much so I left. I went across the street and did what I came to do. I went to Vodafone and talked with the employee and figured out what was the best thing for me to do plan wise. Payed 20€ and got a plan. I can't believe that is way less than what I spend on my phone plan at home and this plan gives me more! One reason to move to Europe 😆😉. After that was done I decided to go to Portobello road but the first place I clicked was the wrong one. But on my way there I rode a Double Decker bus for the first time. Got off and walked to where it said to go on my map and figured out then that I was at the wrong place 😆. Wasn't a bad neighborhood or anything just wasn't what I wanted. So I click the right place and find out that all of the neighborhood bus stops are closed because of the construction nearby. So I run up the hill to the next stop passing my bus on the way. Get on the bus and finally make it to where I wanted to go Portobello rd. I walk around and looked in some stores. I walk in one clothing store because there was a cute cherry dress that I wanted to look at and I go to leave and it is all of a sudden hailing!!!! It stops a few minutes later and I go walking around again. After a bit I decide I want to go see the London Eye. So I hop on the bus and ride over to Big Ben. Walk around there for a little bit then decide I need a nap lol. So I go back to the hostel and take a 2.5 hour nap. I get up and it's now 7pm so I go to find some dinner. I walk around the neighborhood of the hostel and find a grocery store and I buy a pasty for dinner and some cross buns for breakfast for less than 2€ I was quite pleased. I eat my dinner and meet a fellow traveler at the hostel named Amok. I go down to the bar to do my homework for my math class and he comes and joins me. Him and I talk a little bit he asked me about a website for a school helped him on that and then he told me a little bit about his life. Then I went to bed. 

Day 4

So I didn't write what I did in detail but these are the things I did.
Buckingham Palace, I was told if the flag was flying the Queen is home.
Borough market, this was Costco on steroids lol I loved walking around talking to the vendors and trying the food.
London eye, I took the cruise and didn't go on the London Eye I loved the cruise.
Pay for toilets, I have never seen this before and I was warned but thought it was funny yet annoying.
Harry Potter tour I loved going on this tour we saw the streets and buildings that inspired J.K. Rowling for different things in the books
Lego store, saw a huge Lego Big Ben and a Call Box

Day 5
Cereal killer café- I found it on a video from Insider travel and wanted to try it. I got a chocolate mint cereal and it was delicious.
Camden Market- this was where I found the Cereal Killer café
Abby road- this was fun to go to. I love the Beatles. It was a very busy road and you had to be quick and take your picture.
Platform 9 3/4 Kings Cross Station- I was in line to take a picture at the plaque and they did a trivia game while everyone was waiting. I answered one of the questions and won a "real" ticket.
Sat in a café ate a banana ice cream crepe while drinking a cup a tea while I charged my phone since it was dying. 

Here is a link to my London Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If

Number 9 of 17 points of the True Church

Today's point for the Seventeen points of the True Church is an interesting one. 9. The true church must practice divine healing. This is a great talk done by Dallin H Oaks about Healing the Sick He says in one of the points this, "A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 8 in 10 Americans "believe that miracles still occur today as [they did] in ancient times." A third of those surveyed said they had "experienced or witnessed a divine healing." Many Latter-day Saints have experienced the power of faith in healing the sick. We also hear examples of this among people of faith in other churches. A Texas newspaperman described such a miracle. When a five-year-old girl breathed with difficulty and became feverish, her parents rushed her to the hospital. By the time she arrived there, her kidneys and lungs had shut down, her fever was 107 degrees, and her body was bright red and covered with purple lesions. The doctors said she was dying of toxic shock

A Testimony

A testimony is worth sharing! My testimony of Christ is so dear to me for many reasons and I love sharing it. He died for ME! Me. Someone who isn't always the best and someone who doesn't always do the right thing. But that is everyone. He died for everyone. Even the people we don't know. The homeless, the poor, the needy, the righteous and the unrighteous. If He didn't die for me I wouldn't be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am so thankful that He did that for me. He only did that beloved act because He loves me so much, more than I can comprehend. Also I KNOW that He lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! And because He lives I can live again. Christ is so perfect and it is exactly that reason that only He could do that nameless act that He performed for everyone. When I see Him again and I know I will. I will fall to my knees with tears streaming down my face in nameless gratitude for Him. He suffered everything I have suffered r