Skip to main content

Just a little story

It has been a while since I have been on here. I didn't mean for that to happen it just did. So I have gone through a lot since the last time I posted. I wrote a short little story on my point of view and thoughts. I am not trying to point fingers or anything like that. Hope it just helps you understand a little bit of what I went through.

There once was a girl who believed in princes and princesses, who believed in happily ever after. She thought she had done right and was following her heart. She fell in love with a man who in the end didn’t love her the same.

He loved the idea of having a wife who took care of the things he didn’t want to anymore. He had been married before and had two beautiful children who were his world. She wasn’t the awful stepmother as the fairy tales portray. She loved them as her own. She gave them everything she was capable of. Some would say, she loved the kids first and the man second. That could very well be true since the kids were easy to love. The man on the other hand wasn’t. He had walls and guards up. He wasn’t an easy person. He had an opinion and it was always heard. He had a small world and didn’t wonder far from it. He said he did but he really didn’t.

The girl, who felt ugly, unwanted and was desperate for love. She had thought she had found love in this man. He made her feel good, wanted, she didn’t mind how he already had kids. She felt the pieces falling into place on her list of things. She wanted to be a mother and wanted to be married and here she could have it all so easily, or so she thought.

After the wedding bells had rung, tragedy hit. The man never really considered the kids theirs; they were just his, his son and his daughter. Nonetheless she worked hard to prove she loved the kids and him no matter what.

The son got sick beyond measure and was slowly dying. In an attempt to help and in a small way to prove her love she willingly gave a piece of herself to the son, who she always considered her own. The miracle was it worked he was slowly getting better.

But as time went and the pressure of constantly having a sick son it wore down the girl but, she trudged on. She loved him. The man grew distant he didn’t share things with his new wife. She grew depressed of her situation. She didn’t know what to do; she was doing everything she could. She wasn’t herself anymore. She was a shell of who she used to be. She gave the man more of her love and attention thinking it would help. He just got more distant and unhappy.

She finally sought help from the counselor. The counselor listened and saw the problem. The man let her into the gate of his world but made her stay in the yard never daring to open the door to let her in. He was scared. He said he loved her but in the end they were just words. So, she left the little kingdom, she left behind the children who had become her world. She closed the door on her heart. She is now hesitant and nervous of princes who come knocking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If

Number 9 of 17 points of the True Church

Today's point for the Seventeen points of the True Church is an interesting one. 9. The true church must practice divine healing. This is a great talk done by Dallin H Oaks about Healing the Sick He says in one of the points this, "A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 8 in 10 Americans "believe that miracles still occur today as [they did] in ancient times." A third of those surveyed said they had "experienced or witnessed a divine healing." Many Latter-day Saints have experienced the power of faith in healing the sick. We also hear examples of this among people of faith in other churches. A Texas newspaperman described such a miracle. When a five-year-old girl breathed with difficulty and became feverish, her parents rushed her to the hospital. By the time she arrived there, her kidneys and lungs had shut down, her fever was 107 degrees, and her body was bright red and covered with purple lesions. The doctors said she was dying of toxic shock

A Testimony

A testimony is worth sharing! My testimony of Christ is so dear to me for many reasons and I love sharing it. He died for ME! Me. Someone who isn't always the best and someone who doesn't always do the right thing. But that is everyone. He died for everyone. Even the people we don't know. The homeless, the poor, the needy, the righteous and the unrighteous. If He didn't die for me I wouldn't be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am so thankful that He did that for me. He only did that beloved act because He loves me so much, more than I can comprehend. Also I KNOW that He lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! And because He lives I can live again. Christ is so perfect and it is exactly that reason that only He could do that nameless act that He performed for everyone. When I see Him again and I know I will. I will fall to my knees with tears streaming down my face in nameless gratitude for Him. He suffered everything I have suffered r