Skip to main content

Utah Ogden Temple

It has been a little while I have been super busy like I said in my last post, since I have been helping out with the Utah Ogden Temple Open House.

I love this quote that is shared in the video by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:


"I don’t know how to speak of heaven in the traditional, lovely, paradisiacal beauty that we speak of heaven…I wouldn't know how to speak of heaven without my wife, or my children. It would not be heaven for me. Now, you can say that’s wishful thinking, or you can say, 'That’s just because you love each other and you've gotten cozy here on earth and you like each other’s company.' It’s a lot more than that. There is something eternal in the statement that neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man in the Lord. That isn't just good sociology that is theology, it’s eternal."

So some of you may be asking Why do Mormons build Temples?
From the days of the Old Testament, the Lord has commanded His people to build temples-sacred structures where He could teach, guide, and bless them. For example, the Lord told the Israelites to build a portable tabernacle that would be their temple while they traveled in the wilderness.

Regardless of the place or time period, temples are the most sacred place on earth-a place where earth and heaven meet and where we feel close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Well I love going to the Temple because of the Peace and Love I feel inside that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for me.

If you have any questions about Temples they can be answered here! Or by me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If

Number 9 of 17 points of the True Church

Today's point for the Seventeen points of the True Church is an interesting one. 9. The true church must practice divine healing. This is a great talk done by Dallin H Oaks about Healing the Sick He says in one of the points this, "A recent nationwide survey found that nearly 8 in 10 Americans "believe that miracles still occur today as [they did] in ancient times." A third of those surveyed said they had "experienced or witnessed a divine healing." Many Latter-day Saints have experienced the power of faith in healing the sick. We also hear examples of this among people of faith in other churches. A Texas newspaperman described such a miracle. When a five-year-old girl breathed with difficulty and became feverish, her parents rushed her to the hospital. By the time she arrived there, her kidneys and lungs had shut down, her fever was 107 degrees, and her body was bright red and covered with purple lesions. The doctors said she was dying of toxic shock

A Testimony

A testimony is worth sharing! My testimony of Christ is so dear to me for many reasons and I love sharing it. He died for ME! Me. Someone who isn't always the best and someone who doesn't always do the right thing. But that is everyone. He died for everyone. Even the people we don't know. The homeless, the poor, the needy, the righteous and the unrighteous. If He didn't die for me I wouldn't be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am so thankful that He did that for me. He only did that beloved act because He loves me so much, more than I can comprehend. Also I KNOW that He lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! And because He lives I can live again. Christ is so perfect and it is exactly that reason that only He could do that nameless act that He performed for everyone. When I see Him again and I know I will. I will fall to my knees with tears streaming down my face in nameless gratitude for Him. He suffered everything I have suffered r