Skip to main content

Meet the test? Does it meet the test!

Ok I am being a bit more creative with my titles :)

5. The true church must claim Divine Authority!
Ok so what is Divine Authority?
It is the Priesthood which that means the Powers of Heaven or the authority from God to act in His name

Hebrews 5:4-10  Melchizedek Priesthood
1 Timothy 2:7 ordained a preacher
Acts 14:2
Acts 6:5-6 the laying on of hands
Acts 19:1-6 the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost

There is a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland called Our Most Distinguishing Feature and that feature is the Priesthood.

Elder David A. Bednar said, "The priesthood is the authority of God delegated to men on the earth to act in all things for the salvation of mankind. Priesthood is the means whereby the Lord acts through men to save souls. One of the defining features of the Church of Jesus Christ, both anciently and today, is His authority. There can be no true Church without divine authority."

The Priesthood is on the earth today and it is used just like Christ used it! We heal the sick and afflicted, baptize in Christ's name and serve others. Worthy men hold this authority. This ISN'T being sexist in any way! I was once told maybe one reason why woman don't hold the Priesthood is because then what would the men do? We the woman are more inclined to serve and help others so the men need an extra push or drive to help and serve those around them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge the "Book of Mormon" makes to the world

I have a strong testimony that the Book Of Mormon is true! I love it and I read it everyday. I constantly pray to have a reassurance that it is true. I know with all of my heart, might, mind and soul that it is TRUE! The reason I pray constantly to know that it is true is to have an unwavering testimony of it. I know Joseph Smith translated it for the world to read. I don't want to hide the principles and teachings it has of Jesus Christ in it from the world. I know it is ANOTHER Testament of Jesus Christ that HE LIVES! And that He loves ALL nations kindred, tongue and people. If our Heavenly Father wants to give us more scriptures to know that He and His son live how dare we say they can't! This wonderful book does NOT replace the Bible! It builds upon the truths that are in it! I love it and I invite you to read it and find out for yourself that it is true. I found this challenge and I want to share it. The Challenge The "Book of Mormon" makes to the world If ...

Planning and executing my trip to Europe!

On February 1st I decided I would take a trip to Europe! I was sitting at work at H&R Block and talking with a coworker and just randomly decided that I would go visit a friend in Spain. As time went on I didn't know if it would be possible but I was determined. I decided I would go donate plasma to help earn money. I donated once and it was an interesting experience. The following week on Feb 9 I got a letter from them telling me I couldn't donate plasma anymore because I got a false positive for a test, so they couldn't trust my blood. I was super bummed about it, but I was still determined. I was constantly looking at flights and playing around with dates, departure cities, and arriving cities. On February 11 I found a great flight to Paris on April 24 and coming back on May 25, so round trip for only 420$! For that price I can fly to my family in GA round trip! So I pulled the money together that day and I bought it! I just made a life long dream a reality. ...

A year I never expected

I can hardly believe it has been a year since returning home from my mission. Technically it is tomorrow the 29th but today a year ago I said my testimony for the last time as a full time missionary. A year ago on Christmas I officially met my husband Cody. He apparently saw something in me that when I got home to my family in Georgia he messaged me on Facebook and we started to talk. :) I never saw what has happened in that year coming. I have done a lot of things in one year that have been challenging but have made me grow as a better person and I wouldn't change them. My mother says I didn't just change my life I leaped and bounded into it. And I did and have no regrets :) I couldn't have imagined my life any better. I loved my mission and I do occasionally find myself missing aspects of it but I am happy to be living in what used to be my mission a place I fell in love with too. I am so grateful that the Lord inspired me to go on a mission. If I hadn't I w...